Having good quality images of your work is not only beneficial when it comes to applications but also for communicating to an online or print audience what exactly your work is.
Professional photography is preferable but you can achieve great quality images yourself by taking note of the following key points:
- Work should be in focus
- There should be a clear and neutral background: a board or hard card can work well
- Lighting is very important: natural daylight can make for the clearest images
- Use the cropping tool on your camera or computer
- Use the correct resolution
The Before images below were captured with the built in iPhone camera. Using the key points outlined above, the After images were achieved.
When submitting images of your work:
- Name your image so that it corresponds with your application
- Submit the required number of images, no more, no less
- Submit images at the specified size e.g. 1mb.
Below in Resources you will find a free online image resizer.
Free Online Editing Software: www.pixlr.com
Free Online Image Resizing: www.picresize.com